It is important to realize that FREEdom From MEdom Project is intended to provide quality information, sensible and practical answers for recovery, and online support for present problems. This service is not intended to provide in-depth psychotherapy, as this particular venue is not suited for such purposes. Steven Gledhill (BA, CADC-Certified Alcohol & Drug Counselor) is certified to support individual adults with issues related to recovery and is not credentialed to provide online psychotherapy. If you are seeking professional counseling, FFMP advises you to seek out licensed professional counselors.
When should I seek traditional mental health treatment rather than internet support?
- If you are experiencing an emergency—dial 911 or the emergency number where you live.
- If you are in an abusive or violent relationship.
- If you have been seriously and deeply depressed.
- If you are having thoughts of harming yourself (i.e. suicidal thoughts) or someone else (i.e. violent thoughts toward others), or psychotic symptoms. Also call 1-800-SUICIDE, which is the National Suicide Hotline or the Hospital closest to you.
- If you know of someone that meets the conditions above.
- If you are a minor (under 18 years old) seeking help.