>> Please be advised, we are not professionals in assessing eating disorders.
For yourself or someone you know, rate the following questions:
1-Often 2-Sometimes 3-Rarely 4-Never
- _____ I feel proud of my thinness.
- _____ I weigh myself often.
- _____ I have fasted.
- _____ I fear becoming fat.
- _____ I feel fat, even though friends and family say I’m not.
- _____ I feel the need to exercise every day.
- _____ I enjoy preparing meals for others but eat little myself.
- _____ I’ve eaten in binges. (A lot at one time very quickly)
- _____ I like and anticipate eating alone.
- _____ I eat even when I’m not hungry.
- _____ I eat sensibly in front of others but not when I’m alone.
- _____ I’ve made repeated attempts to diet or restrict my eating.
- _____ I feel self-conscious or embarrassed about my eating behaviors.
- _____ I sneak food when no one’s around.
- _____ I have lied about the amount of food I eat.
- _____ I have vomited/made myself vomit after eating or binge-eating.
- _____ I have used laxative, diet pills, appetite suppressants or diuretics to control my weight.
- _____ I panic if I gain a couple of pounds.
- _____ I think about food frequently, deciding to eat or not eat.
- _____ I feel out of control when eating or binge-eating.
- _____ I often feel depressed or anxious after eating.
- _____ I eat more when I’m upset or under stress.
- 42 +: Average attitudes toward eating, weight and body image.
- 41 – 23: There may be an eating disorder problem starting.
- 22 or less: There is a strong possibility of an eating disorder.
Self-test source: Caring Online.com