- God is sovereign. He is the Creator; everything that is and lives belongs to Him, and that He has the power and authority to affect every aspect of creation. Genesis 1 & 2, Isaiah 42:5, Proverbs 3:19, Psalm 33:6, Psalm 104:30, Psalm 139, John 3:16, Acts 10:34-35
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God. 2 Timothy 3:16
- Having separated ourselves from fellowship with God due to the fallen nature of man, in our selfishness we cannot have fellowship with Him without redemption. Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23
- God sent His Son, Jesus, to be the Christ (meaning Messiah, Redeemer, Savior), with the express purpose of reconciling us all, who He loves, made right with God by faith, in order to be restored into right relationship with Him. John 3:16-17, Romans 5:1-11
- Jesus, God made flesh, humbled himself in the form of a human being to serve mankind, obedient to God the Father, to the point of death on the cross. John 1:1-14, Philippians 2:5-8
- Jesus suffered as a man, having experienced every temptation to fall as a man, yet remained faithful, never yielding to temptation. Hebrews 4:14-15
- Jesus Christ died by crucifixion on a cross, executed as a sacrifice for the mistakes and selfishness of mankind. Matthew 27:22-50, Mark 15:22-37, Luke 23:26-46, John 19:17-30
- Jesus experienced fully the worst of our sin in His person for three days and nights until His resurrection from the dead. Matthew 12:40, Matthew 28:1-10, Matthew 27:50-53, Mark 16:1-8, Romans 1:4-5, Romans 6:8-11, 1 Peter 1:3
- Jesus arose from the dead on the third day, ascended to Heaven, and as God has been exalted to the throne of grace to empower us in our need. Philippians 2:9-11, Hebrews 4:16
- We have been blessed God’s Spirit to dwell within us, empowering us to live through revelation and power. 1 Corinthians 2:10-16, Ephesians 3:16-20, Galatians 5:22-25, Romans 8:9-16
- When we communicate directly with God through prayer, we may experience God’s mercy and grace, as well as His power, peace, and providence. 1 John 1:9, James 5:16, Ephesians 6:18, Philippians 4:4-13, I Thessalonians 5:16-18
- In relationship with God through Jesus Christ, we are inheritors of all God has promised. Romans 8:17, Galatians 4:1-7, 2 Peter 1:4
- Jesus Christ will one day return to us and we will enjoy eternal fellowship with Him in Heaven. 2 Peter 3:4-10, Revelation 1:7, Luke 21:27, John 3:16
Essential Elements to Belief
The BIBLE: We believe that God has spoken in the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, through the words of human authors. As the verbally inspired Word of God, the Bible is without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for salvation, and the ultimate authority by which every realm of human knowledge and endeavor should be judged. Therefore, it is to be believed in all that it teaches, obeyed in all that it requires, and trusted in all that it promises.
The TRINITY: We believe that the Godhead exists co-equally and co-eternally in three persons…Father, Son and Holy Spirit and that these three are one God, sovereign in creation, providence and redemption.
The SAVIOR: We believe in the true and proper deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His real and complete humanity, in His sinless life, in His authoritative teaching, in His substitutionary and atoning sacrifice through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His heavenly intercession and His second advent to receive His church.
The HOLY SPIRIT: We believe in the deity of the Holy Spirit who proceeds from the Father and the Son and the necessity of His work in conviction of sin, repentance, regeneration and sanctification, and that the believer is also promised an enduement of power as the gift of Christ through the Baptism into the Holy Spirit with signs following. Through this enduement the believer is empowered for fuller participation in the ministry of the Church, its worship, evangelism and service.
MANKIND: We believe in the universal sinfulness of all men since the fall, rendering man subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
SALVATION: We believe in the necessity for salvation, of repentance towards God, and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ by which the sinner is pardoned and accepted as righteous in God’s sight. This justification is imputed by the grace of God because of the atoning work of Christ, is received by faith alone and is evidenced by the Fruit of the Spirit and a Holy Life.
The CHURCH: We believe in the spiritual unity and the priesthood of all believers in Christ and that these comprise the universal Church, the Body of Christ.
The MINISTRY: We believe in the ministries that Christ has set in His church, namely, Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors, and Teachers, and in the prsent operation of the manifold Gifts of the Holy Spirit according to the New Testament.
Unveiling Truth since 2012
- 568440 Freedom Finders:
© 2012-2017 all rights reserved
Looking for Something?